New updates and product improvements.
18 April 2023
- New: Add manual Cron job trigger to the dashboard. Useful for testing and debugging background jobs.
- New: Add API endpoint to trigger an on-demand job.
14 April 2023
- Breaking Change: Remove Wasm support and scrap the edge functions idea entirely. Instead, ExecAPI is now a background job runner platform that can run any code you can run inside a Docker container.
- New: Introduce workflows with script actions, which can be triggered by a Cron schedule or invoked on-demand using an HTTP request. Ideal for periodic background jobs and event-based jobs.
- New: Email/password login.
- New: Paid plans! But you still get a generous allowance of credits for free, no credit card required.
- New: Usage records, so now you can see real-time billing costs and realize how little it costs to run background jobs over here 😇.
7 March 2023
- New: Add support for Wasm flavors of PHP, Python, and Ruby interpreters. Upload them into a
/wasm-bindirectory at the root of your project. Then you can upload
.rbscripts for that classic save-upload-refresh workflow.
- New: Improvements to documentation and details of the WAGI environment.
- New: Add ability to upload files directly through the dashboard.
28 February 2023
- Bug Fix: Sometimes, scripts would fail to execute if too many requests arrived at the same time.
- New: Pre-compile Wasm scripts into an optimized format and cache them. This dramatically improves execution performance.
24 February 2023
- ExecAPI is soft-launched 🚀 🥳